Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And we Have...Another Remake of Jane Eyre!

Hey all! Soooooo awhile ago I had the pleasure of seeing "Love & Other Drugs" starring the gorgeous Anne Hathaway and the abslolutely handsome Jake Gyllenhaal! And apparently , as I was watching the theatrical trailers before I saw Jake's butt, ANOTHER Jane Eyre remake is set to come out March 11th of this year!

See?
                                                             Jane Eyre Poster
 In this movie it stars Michael Fassbender as the dark and handsome Mr. Edward Rochester,who can be seen in movies such as Quentin Tarantino's film "Inglourious Basterds" and Zack Snyder's film "300", and Mia Wasikowska of Tim Burton's adaptation of  "Alice in Wonderland" as well as the critically acclaimed movie "The Kids Are All Right" directed by Lisa Cholodenko. Also in this movie, it stars Jamie Bell and Judi Dench.

My opinion? This remake looks all well and dandy, but Charlotte Bronte's novel has been done SO many times over and by that I mean 21 times whether it is a movie in a theater or mini-series aired in a couple of different countries--this one is the 21st time it's been done...

BUT I absolutely loved the remake in the BBC series that aired in the UK starring Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson. I'm not sure if this one can compare. Although Judi Dench is a good actress and Mia was entertaining as Alice in Burton's film.

The director of this movie is California native Cary Fukunaga, and according to IMDB it is his first full-feature length movie. I've never been acquainted with his works, but hopefully he doesn't butcher a classic story and the trailers do not deceive me. [For trailers go to YouTube or IMDB]

Regardless I am going to see the movie anyway.

*Credits go to IMDB for information and image.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree, 21 times too many. The book is a classic and I hate how hollywood tries to make everything into a movie!

    ReplyDelete