Monday, February 14, 2011

"Filthy little Hobbitses!"

Okay, so it's pretty obvious where this is going.

The Hobbit: Part I is preparing for a release in December on the 19th of 2012. Somehow I doubt it will come out by then because filming was put off numerous times and Peter Jackson was talking about living in New Zealand for six years, but I digress. By the way, the movie was  originally supposed to be directed by Guillermo Del Toro, but no fear Lord of the Rings Fanatics! Peter Jackson is directing the film...and penning the script with Philippa Boyens as he did with the The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. That being said, it'll probably be a great film. :)

Starring in this film is Martin Freeman, who will play Bilbo Baggins, and Saorise Ronan is rumored to be in the film to portray Itaril. Reprising their roles are Elijah Wood as Frodo, Ian McKellan as Gandalf, Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, Christopher Lee as Saruman, Orlando Bloom as Legolas, and Andy Serkis as Gollum.

Filming is set to start later next month.
If Part I is successful, I have no doubts about Part II.  But for now, I can't wait to see The Hobbit: Part I!

Here is a fan-made movie poster for your enjoyment!
*For more up and coming information, go to theonering.net or the-hobbit-movie.com

1 comment:

  1. A great book. I am a huge fan of the trilogy and they are definitely in my top 10 movies of all time. I am very excited for The Hobbit release.

    ReplyDelete