Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Ol' Abe! No...Not Really

So I've seen a couple of trailers for this movie and guess what...It's a novel!

According to BookReporter.com the new upcoming film about the assassination plot about Abraham Lincoln "The Conspirator" is based on a novel written by Kate Clifford Larsen called THE ASSASSIN'S ACCOMPLICE: Mary Surratt and the Plot to Kill Abraham Lincoln. The release date was on April 15th in select theaters. The film stars James McAvoy, Robin Wright, Kevin Kline, Evan Rachel Wood, Justin Long, Alexis Bledel, and Tom Wilkinson. It is directed by Robert Redford.

A blip from BookReporter says the movie is: "A riveting thriller, The Conspirator tells the powerful story of a woman who would do anything to protect her family, and the man who risked everything to save her."

From what I've read, it is about a woman named Mary Surratt who apparently got caught up in the charges of the assassination of Abe Lincoln. It was believed that she was an accomplice to John Wilkes Booth--Lincoln's killer--because she was owner of the house where he stayed at during that time. A lawyer named Frederick Aiken comes down from Washington to help defend her and discovers that someone is using her as a diversion for the actual conspirator to get away. And here's the juicy part: It might be her son!

^ I love James McAvoy!^ <3 Anyways...

Will I go see it? Well, now I kind of want to. It sounds very interesting and appealing!
Read the book? No probably not...not now anyway.
Rating? According to IMDB, 6.8/10. Not too shabby.

1 comment:

  1. I love James McAvoy too!
    I had no clue they had created a movie about Lincoln's death, but I guess it shouldn't shock me since practically now a days they turn everything and anything into a movie.

    ReplyDelete