Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Did you know?

Many films that are out right now, or will soon be out, were originally books! To name a few...
I Am Number Four:
Written by Pittacus Lore.
This movie is currently in theatres.
It premiered on February 18th.
It stars Alex Pettyfer, Dianna Agron, and Timothy Olyphant.
Basically... Some alien kid comes to Earth and evil people are trying to kill him and his other fellow aliens. All he wants to do is have a life on Earth.
IMDB Rating: 6.5/10.
Will I see it? Probably not.
Why? It's just not very appealing.

The Eagle:
Written by Rosemary Sutcliff.
This movie is also currently in theatres.
It premiered on February 11th.
It stars Channing Tatum, Jamie Bell, and Donald Sutherland.
Basically... Channing tries to find his father and his father's army as well as The Eagle (which is some little golden trinket) to regain his honor.
IMDB Rating: 6.3/10.
Will I see it? Probably not.
Why? I would only see it to see Channing Tatum's abs.

The Lincoln Lawyer:
Written by Michael Connelly.
This movie will be in theatres March 18th.
It stars Ryan Phillippe, Marisa Tomei, and Matthew McConaughey.
Basically... It's about a lawyer who runs a high-end law firm out of the back of his car. From the trailer, it looks like he gets into some trouble down the road.
Will I see it? Most likely not.
Why? As exciting as the trailers would like to seem, they just aren't. I'll wait for this one to show up on my IO cable.

The Rite:
Written by Matt Baglio.
This movie is probably not still in the theatre. Because...
It premiered on January 28th.
It stars Anothony Hopkins as well as a bunch of people nobody knows.
Basically... It's about possession and having faith in God.
IMDB Rating: 6.2/10
Will I see it? I've already seen it. It wasn't TERRIBLE. Anthony Hopkins is such a good actor, I forgive all the silliness in this film.

Water for Elephants:
Written by Sara Gruen.
This movie is not yet in theatres.
It will premiere April 22nd.
It stars Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson.
Basically..The IMDB summary says "A veterinary student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus as their vet." Interesting...
Will I see it? I'd like to.
Why? I like Reese Witherspoon and for some strange reason I am intrigued by the movie trailers.

Information found at
http://www.chasingthefrog.com/moviebooks.htm
and imdb.com

5 comments:

  1. I love finding out that most movies are originally novels. I had no clue that all the movies you mentioned above were actual books! I still wouldn't really read those books because they really do not seem like they have a great plot. Would you read the books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only movie that I know is "I am number four". I'm glad that so many novels are being made into movies. It's good to know that these books were good enough to be put on screen. It makes you want to read the book just to find out the details that might be left out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting facts, I would like to see the Lincoln Lawyer it seems like it will be the best for me, and it deals with a field I am interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Responding back to Khoshgel, I actually might read a few of these. I would definitely read Water for Elephants (because it seems like a really cool story) and The Rite (because it is bizarre, weird, and probably ten times more scary/suspenseful/interesting than the film) :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water for Elephants, I can not wait to see this movie, the critics are already valling it spectacular. The previews were amazing and strikingly appealing.
    I am ready!! Yes!

    ReplyDelete